We are now interviewing for lifetime homes, placements start mid January 2020,
we take the time and effort to raise well rounded and healthy puppies!
Thrilled to announce the safe arrival of our litter to Geni and Kyra in September 2019
If you want to keep up to date with news of this litter please complete the form at
Clumbers are the sole dedication of the Erinveine Kennel, where we proudly move with the times and adopted proven best knowledge based practices. Our website contains a wealth of information and thousands of photos of many of the dogs we have been so lucky to share our lives with. Please use the menus above or check below our intro photo for more.
August 2016 photo Y Kyriacou
Experience has moulded our protocols and practices.
We are passionate about Clumbers, passionate about breeding great characters with excellent health and long lived … sometimes, of course, Mother Nature can throw a curve ball, but that is no reason not to think about the outcome and the causes and get on with our responsibility to this enchanting breed.
Soundness of conformation and temperament are integral to breed type and vitality, all are core components in our selection process.
Just because we bred a dog is not qualification in our eyes to show or breed it.
We show regularly but not all the time, as such, we currently are not submitting results for pointscores,
BUT, our main wins are listed via our dog’s biographies. We also trial regularly in Rally O and other Clumber sensitive sports including Endurance tests.
Our show dogs and those we choose to breed MUST meet our ever rising expectations in
- soundness of conformation,
- suitable working coat without excess length, easy care
- quality of movement
- overall breed type
- and conceivably work in heavy low lying growth with the ability to clamber over logs, dive under logs, work in heavy undergrowth without ploughing in a freeway for vermin to decimate the game population, climb river banks, carry found game, seek out hiding game, tirelessly day after day without causing injury to the dog or the vegetation he is worked in.
In most cases we
- breed a female only once, breed a male not more than twice and quite often once only; these are the recommendations of scientists interested in improving the genetic health of dog breeds by avoiding ‘popular sire’ syndrome, or dominating the population with very few family groups and low genetic options
- we keep the Co-efficient of Inbreeding under 6% over 5 generations (Swedish recommendations)
- we have foregone holidays for decades now to allow us to be able to import new bloodlines
We are happy to work in partnership with dedicated people who are interested in breeding better Clumbers, please contact Jan.
We are one of very few to offer information about our dogs and the breed in an open forum (this website and on Facebook) and have an extensive plan to allow lifetime support post purchase.
We are Dogs Victoria members
Please contact Dogs Victoria on email: email@example.com to verify our membership
(Dogs Victoria is an affiliate of Australian National Kennel Council) membership details are Dr H & Miss J Irving 3008660220)
Pet Exchange Register. Source Number is RB100222 (From July 1st 2019 Anyone selling or rehoming a pet in the State of Victoria must have a source number)
right multi BIS wining Ch Erinveine Jester 29 July 2018
Best in Show
Rarer Gundog Spaniel Club of Victoria Championship Show
judge E Boxhall photo Y Kyriacou
Jester was also Best in Show at the Clumber Spaniel League Victoria 2018 Championship show – judge Ms D Stewart-Ritchie (Ireland)
Ch Erinveine Jester RN – the first Australian bred Clumber to gain the RN!